Business & Industry Association (BIA) of NH will host the fifteenth annual "Small Business Day" in Concord NH. This event is an opportunity for small business owners and managers to receive valuable information to help their companies grow and prosper. This event will focus on important challenges and opportunities facing small businesses.
Presented by BIA of NH and Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
Panel discussions include the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program, financing options for small business, federal and state tax reform changes that will impact the small business community, and the benefits of considering a Multiple Employer Pension (MEP) retirement plan.
BIA's Small Business Day is presented in partnership with the NH Department of Business and Economic Affairs, New Hampshire Small Business Development Center, US Small Business Administration, the Gr. Hudson Chamber of Commerce and other local and regional chambers.
- 7:30 am Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am Welcoming Remarks
- 8:10 am Multiple Employer Pension—is it right for your small business? A MEP is a qualified retirement plan, such as a 401(k) plan, that is sponsored by multiple, independent employers. It could lead to lower administrative fees, minimized fiduciary responsibilities, and streamlined reporting and disclosure requirements. It’s something every small business should consider for employees.
- 9:05 am Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses - Learn about this no-cost training program to help entrepreneurs grow their business and create jobs and economic opportunity by providing greater access to education, capital, and business support services.
- 10:00 am Networking Break
- 10:15 am Financing Options for Small Business - Learn about traditional and alternative (non-traditional) options for financing your small business from a panel of experts.
- 11:10 am The Bottom Line: Making Sense of Federal and State Tax Reform - It has been a year of dramatic and significant change. Our panel of experts will walk us through the complex world of tax reform, both at the federal and state level. Special focus will be on the changes that will most impact the small business community. This will be an interactive presentation allowing you to get answers to your specific issues from four of New Hampshire’s top business tax attorneys and CPAs.
- 12:05 pm Closing Remarks